Residential Session and Dissertation
Learning outcomes for the week-long residential session are:
- To undertake exercises that will integrate all previous learning
- To engage in advanced study of research design
- To plan the dissertation
Learning outcomes of the dissertation are:
- To write a research question
- To design and execute a literature search and report
- To undertake a research and evaluation project (and gain ethical approval if required)
- To reach balanced conclusions and indications for action or future research
Students are expected to do all of the above with a critical and reflective approach based on an appreciation of evidence and cultural context.
The final dissertation will be closely supervised in its development through successive stages of planning, design, and implementation.